Sunday, January 30, 2011

Touched By an Angel... Twice!

Have you ever heard an awesome story where you think to yourself: “That’s awesome!  I wish something like that would happen to me.”  I know I’ve felt that way sometimes when hearing about people in need who were at the end of their rope and just when all seemed lost, God took care of their needs.  Well I’m here to tell you: IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!  The trick is to give it all to God and truly trust Him to supply all your needs.
 A year or two ago, I had switched jobs and our income was much less than it had been.  Christmas was coming and we were just scraping by.  We had all these gifts we needed to buy for our families and there just was no money for it.  We really didn’t have much of a choice, we prayed and told God: “There is no way we can do this on our own.  God we need you to do something.”  And then we waited.
It was late November and we were at church checking our mail folder for our next Sunday school lesson sheet.  Usually that’s all that’s in there but with Christmas just around the corner we got a few Christmas cards and this one small pudgy envelope.  I opened it as we were headed out of church, but when I opened the card inside I froze.  It seemed like the whole world just stopped.  I grabbed Jared and whispered in his ear: “Jared.... there’s a huge wad of cash in here!”  I handed the card to Jared to have a look.  He was just as shocked as I was!  We looked around to see if anyone was watching us, looked over the envelope and card for a name... nothing.  There was a tone of smiley face stickers inside and this verse:
“Anything you did for even the least of My people here, you also did for Me”
Matthew 25:40
When we got to the car we counted the cash and it was exactly, to the dollar, how much we needed to by presents for our families!
That’s awesome, right!?  Kind of a ‘once in a lifetime’ experience thing; that’s what I thought... until this past Thursday!
We’d just gotten home from a supper party, and as we pulled in I noticed something stuck in the door.  I thought, “Invitation for something...? Canvassing...? Flyer...? Who knows?”  Inside was a card, a letter and another smaller envelope.  It was a beautiful card with a poem all about God’s plan (I will share that with you in the next post).  The letter talked about how this person (or people?) was praying for us and our adoption process.  They encouraged us and even shared a short poem.  At the end of the letter was an explanation about the additional envelope.  It said we were to use it on ourselves, to enjoy it, and make it special.  Upon opening the smaller envelope we found a number of gift cards to perfectly cover the costs of a very special date night!  It was so funny, because just a few hours earlier, Jared and I had been talking about ‘if’ and ‘what’ we would do for Valentine’s Day!
If you are reading this and you are one of the angels God sent to bless us, we are grateful beyond words!  Jared and I pray that you too would be blessed, in the perfect way, at just the right time!
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus
Philippians 4:19

2 comments:

  1. This puts butterflies in my stomach. It is so awesome how God takes care of His children. It is also so awesome the generous love some of His children have for their fellow believers. My prayer is that these special Angels will also be very blessed

    ReplyDelete