Thursday, February 24, 2011

Debbie, Dylan, Natalie

Debbie, Dylan, Natalie
We’ve been looking forward to this past weekend for a long time!  The weekend I got to meet my Debbie’s adorable little girl Natalie!  Why is that such a big deal you might ask?  They live 1275km away, which is, approximately, a 13 hour drive!
We’d planned to leave Thursday (Feb.17).  We got to the highway and could hardly see past the hood of our car.  I was SO bummed!  All we had was a weekend!  Every minute, every mile counts!  But we couldn’t see anything so we just had to turn back just a few miles from home.  I was up and praying every 2 hours from 8:00pm-8:00am checking road reports and thinking, ‘How can we make this work?’  By 8:30am we had a plan, by 9:00am we were back on the road!  We had an ‘alternate route’ planned dogging the many closed highways and hoping for the best, but the roads we needed most opened ahead of us!  THANK YOU GOD!  WOO!
As we drove along I started a tally:
Vehicles in the ditch: xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx (15)
Vehicles stuck on the road:  x (1)
Vehicles smashed:  xx(2)
All of these were found before the Saskatchewan border. 
But we made it across the country and were warmly greeted by Spencer, the dog, who nearly jumped in the car with excitement, and of course, Dylan, Debbie and sweet little Natalie.  I think all the excitement scared the poor girl so our first meeting wasn’t all smiles on her part but over the weekend we got to know each other pretty good!
We had a lot of fun, relaxing, being silly and trying not to freeze!  Jared got acquainted with their pet snake Rusty.  I, on the other hand, was on the other side of the house very quickly when they took the lid off his... what do you call it?  Aquarium looking thing.  We visited their tiny church and found that they were preaching on a similar topic to what we’ve been discussing in church, Kidzland, and our Bible reading!  Super cool!
So yeah!  That’s basically our weekend!  It was great!  I’d also like to say a special hello to my Alberta friends reading this blog specifically Debbie’s family and ‘Edge’J!
Can any fellow bloggers help me out?  I have such a hard time posting more than one picture.  I click on the little 'picture' icon when doing a new post but it only lets me select one picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment