Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentines Weekend

That was a fun weekend!
So Jared totally surprised me with an early valentine’s day this weekend!  We had planned to go on a date in the city.  We were already downtown before I realized I had no idea where we were going, or even why we were in the city so early if we were just going for supper!  I was just asking Jared exactly that when he pointed to a hotel and said: “Did you want to go there?” 
It was awesome!  He’s packed all my stuff (with me in the house!) and got it into the car without me noticing!  I was very impressed with how much stuff he thought of to pack for me!
So we got settled into the hotel and planned our evening.  We decided to go see a movie using one of the gift cards we received in the surprise envelope (see ‘Touched by an Angel’ post).  We went out and watched “Life as We Know it” which was actually pretty good!
After the movie we headed over to the Keg for supper (another gift card in the envelope).  We were having a hard time finding a place to park, having hit the supper rush dead on, when we saw some people getting in their van to leave.  So we waited nearby to snatch their parking spot.  As they pulled out they stopped beside our car and handed us a slip of paper.  They had paid for parking but decided not to wait the 45 minutes at the Keg.  So we received another blessing that day!  Free parking!
What an AMAZING weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a great Valentine's Day weekend! I'd love to be surprised like that! P.S. I love your sweater!!

    ReplyDelete