Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jumping back in

Well summer break is quickly coming to a close and we’re jumping back into our regular children’s ministry for the coming school year.  We had a meeting on Tuesday to hear the scoop on how things will run this year.  I am starting ‘from scratch’ you might say with a new group of grade 2 kids.  I am very excited to meet them and see what ‘Going Deeper With God’ will be like with them this year!

Jared and I try to do devotions together every night and last night’s devotional was very interesting.  It was talking about how ‘love ads margin”.  The first line of the devotional states:
“You can’t do everything.  And love understands the wisdom of living inside this reality.”
Obvious yet profound I thought.  I try so hard to be a good wife some days.  Get the dishes done, write out a meal plan and shopping list, wash the floor...  But some days it just doesn’t happen and that doesn’t make me a poor wife.  Jared is still going to love me if there are a few crumbs on the floor, or dishes on the counter.  I am so very blessed to have an amazing husband whose love adds margin.  And on top of being amazing, he sure is cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment