Saturday, September 15, 2012

10 Weeks and Fire Trucks!

So I am 10 nearing 11 weeks along (2 1/2 months) and feeling pukey!  But that is ok with me!  Jared was nice enough to take my first maternity picture so we have a 'starting point' to look back on.

I started School of Ministers on September 4th which runs weekly on Wednesday and Fridays. It has been SO AMAZING!  It's a long day and lots to take in but I am really enjoying it!  Our first few classes have been on things like, God's love for us, prepping your testimony, Intro to Old Testament Scriptures, Purpose of the Scriptures and Retaining the word.  It's been SUPER interesting!

I am really excited about this weekend and I'm not totally sure why I'm SO excited.  Yesterday Jared started  a driving course with the Steinbach Fire Department which continues through the weekend.  Today I scurried down the road to watch them for a while!  They were actually in the parking lot of our church.  It appears that they were practicing backing up the trucks and how to properly guide each other in backing up.  They had pylons all over the place, doing all kinds of turns and such.  I only watched for an hour but I took a ton of pictures!  I realized that all firemen look the same when they have their gear on!  Luckily they were not wearing helmets, so eventually I did figure out which one was Jared.

Engine 411
Jared driving Engine 411
Engine 412
Jared with some of the fire crew.  These men did not know I was taking their picture so I blurred out their faces just in case they didn't want their face posted on the internet.

This weekend is also my birthday!  Yay!  Not that I'm having a party or anything, but I'm looking forward to making cupcakes with this weeks' daycare kidos and bringing them to SOM to share with my small group.  Oh, I will also be visiting my Grandma, Auntie, and cousins this weekend which should be fun!  The long drive will give me a chance to work on my SOM reading!

But right now I should really get the floors washed and a load of towels done.  I hope you all are having a fabulous week!





2 comments:

  1. What a great picture of you! It must be so exciting to be able to take pictures like that now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing more pics! any cravings despite the nausea?

    ReplyDelete